I started marking out the plan and putting down cork roadbed. Here are a few photos of that progress.
Yes, you heard it right. Window #1 came in. It was slightly too small, but it would have still worked had I not shattered it. So, here is window #2 installed!
Time to get some permanent legs under that peninsula! Any why not mock up some hills?
My son helped be cut and glue all of the foam down.
I have been avoiding the door, I still do not know what to do with it. Swing up? Swing out? Removable section? My greatest fear is not being able to get it exact enough to keep the rails aligned.
I am committed…at least with the bench work, so proceed we shall. I decided to use 2″ foam as the base so I could cut out and contour the ground easily. I also decided to use a thin sheet of plywood below that just as a base to mount anything underneath to. 1/4 plywood ended up really wavy and bad so I ended up going with 3/8.
New year, new plan! With the major plan change, I am going to need to change everything I have up already. Everything came back down, cut from 18″ to 12″ deep, and back up again it went. The peninsula was also mocked up with temp legs just to see what that would look like. So far I really like this direction.