First run of the coal loads

Finished painting the coal loads this morning. The custom loads that some cars had were a little “sparkly” and the fine cinders I used had some brown in them, so I painted every load so they matched. It is hard to spot the different loads now, all look great.

While I had the loads out I ended up removing half the weight. The cars were so heavy that three 6 axle locomotives had trouble pulling the grade. There is no sense in working them.

These are the loads right before paint. And the video is the first run of them completed.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Scroll to Top